Department of Commerce Banking and Insurance promotes Banking and Insurance education among the students. The programme is specially intended to meet the current industrial expectation. The course provides in-depth knowledge in the areas of Banking, Insurance and Finance. Colossal employment opportunities are available for this programme. The programme imparts managerial skills, knowledge and quality training in tune with the industry requirements and provides Banking and Financial solutions. The course offers ample exposure in terms of banking projects and reforms and also makes the students understand the dynamics of the banking and insurance industries. The department makes the students involved in a plethora of activities like banking documentation, banking models and hands-on training sessions to learn, update and reach excellence.
The purpose is to inspire, prepare and challenge the students with exceptional learning, leadership, innovation and strong fundamentals alongside advancing the readiness for emerging challenges and meeting the needs of the banking and insurance industry.
To be the centre of excellence in higher learning, providing long-term societal benefits through discovering and transmitting new and advanced knowledge and functioning as an active working repository of organized knowledge to transform as successful professionals in the banking and insurance sector.
- Fundamental concepts underlying accounting, finance, management, marketing, auditing, and economics.
- To construct the financial statements of the company, restructure of capital structure and calibrate the procedure involved in amalgamation and absorption.
- The concept of cost, and elements of cost and prepare the cost statement.
- To apply quantitative skills to help analyze and solve business problems by applying various tools and to take advantage of business opportunities.
- The basics of the internet, able to understand the use of office applications and accounting software.
- Learn and understand the essential provisions of the Indian Contract Act, Partnership Act, and Industrial law.
- Concept of auditing, and acquire knowledge about vouching transactions, verifications of assets, and liabilities.
- The various provisions relating to income tax, understand the basic concept of IT Act and compute the income and tax of an individual assesses.
- To demonstrate written communication skills appropriate for business situations and develop awareness regarding new trends in business communication.
- To apply the knowledge in mathematics in solving business problems.
- To use statistical, graphical, and algebraic techniques wherever relevant and understand statistical applications in economics and management.
- To quip with necessary soft skills to enhance competitive edge in the job market.
|S.No||Date||Name of the Student||Name of the Event (Conference)||Conducted By|
|Participated in International conference on Digitalization of Global Business Environments||Rathinam College of Arts & Science|
|Participated in Jewellery Making Workshop||KPR College of Arts, Science and Research|
|Participated in Mono Act||KPR College of Arts, Science and Research|
|4||18.11.2022||Manikandan||Participated in Dance Competition||Texvalley, Erode|
|Participated in Quiz Competition||KPR College of Arts, Science and Research|
|6||18.09.2022||Praveen V S||Participated in Speech Competition||Kamban Kalagam|
|Participated in Quiz Competition||PPG College of Arts Science and Research|
|8||21.10.2022||Premalatha||Participated in Photography Competition||KPR College of Arts, Science and Research|
|9||4.11.2022||Gokul Priya & Monika||Participated in Two Day International Level Conferenece on Business Analytics||KPR College of Arts, Science and Research|
|10||28.09.2022||Premalatha||Creative Writing “Social Movies”||KPR College of Arts, Science and Research|
|11||15.10.2022||Premalatha||Documentary Writing “Women Empowerment”||KPR College of Arts, Science and Research|
|Participated in Webinar “How to Publish a Book”||Mr. Nanjesh Bennur|
|S.No||Date||Name of the Event||Resource Peron|
|1||22.09.2022||Innovative Research mindset to Outreach our perspective||Dr. Balaji Devarajan|
|2||19.11.2022||Look Deep into Nature||Mr Viswanathan|
|3||19.11.2022||Extension Activity to Oldage Home visit||–|
|S.No||Faculty Name||Type of Publications||Journal / Conference Details||Title||Indexing|
|1.||Dr J Samuel||Book||LAMBERT Academic publishing||Marketing management in Tourism and Hospitality for a century||978-620-5-49348-9|
|2.||Dr J Samuel||Book||Navanila Maruthi publication||Managerial Economics||ISBN : 978-81-951871-4-0|
|3.||Dr J Samuel||Patent||Patent||Analysis of Fluctuations in the Share Price of Equities and Investment Portfolio Management|
|4.||Dr R Naveen Kumar||Book||LAMBERT Academic publishing||Marketing management in Tourism and Hospitality for a century||978-620-5-49348-9|
|5.||Dr R Naveen Kumar||Research Book||LAMBERT Academic publishing||Thesis Dissertation||978-620-5-49348-9|