School of Commerce was established in the year 2019 with rich experienced faculty members and well-disciplined student fertility. The core objective of the school is to provide an ICT based curriculum to match with the industry need. The school evolves to maintain academic excellence and equip students with the skills to face the challenges in a competitive world at global scenario. There is a blend of theoretical and practical exposure to the students to showcase their talents through Seminars, Guest Lectures, Workshops and Internships. Very Strong platform is available to professional aspirants to establish their skills on professional courses like CA/CMA/ACS.KPR IAS academy also trains the students to reach the administrative positions. The school also encourages the students to participate on internal house competitions, inter-collegiate technical and cultural events to nurture their talent. The School of commerce has also signed an MoU with industry and institute to give the practical exposure on professional courses, taxation, tally and other related fields. The School of Commerce focuses on research activities to nurture social responsibility among faculties and students with commitment and integrity towards innovation.
To Provide a holistic education blended with technology to make the students, socially responsible in every aspect.
To achieve university ranks in a continuous manner
To promote as a centre for professional courses
To compete with top institutions in the field of teaching, training and research
To prepare the students for industry ready
To establish the school as a bench mark institution at national point
- B.Com (Computer Application)
- B.Com (Professional Accounting)
- B.Com (Banking and Insurance)
- B.Com (Business Analytics)
- B.COM (E-Com)
- B.COM IT*
- Learners will understand the Foundation and Importance of Computer skills which are relevant to Commerce
- Learners will know the impact of E-Commerce on Business model strategy.
- Learners will be able to prove proficiency with the ability to engage in professional courses like CA, CS, and CMA.
- Learners will be able to do higher education and advance research in the field of commerce & Finance.
- Learners can also acquire practical skill to work as tax consultant, Audit Assistant and other financial supporting services.
“Comercio” B.Com Association was inaugurated on 01.08.19 by CA.K.Jalapathi, Secretary, SIRC, Coimbatore. In the inaugural address the Chief Guest stated the role of commerce students in business world and shared the strategies to equip themselves to be success in accountancy field. He motivated the students to do charted accountancy course and he stated the different levels and preparation methods to get through the CA examinations.
National Level Symposium
National Level Symposium “INDIAN ECONOMY AND DIGITAL MARKETING” was organized on 30.08.2019. The Chief Guests of the seminar was Dr.P.Kanagasabapathi Member, ICSSR and Mr.P.M.Austin CEO, EduCentral. Nearly 325 Academician, Research Scholars and students participated and benefited.
A Guest Lecture was on “Recent Trends in Accounting” on 30.01.2020. The Resource Person was Dr.R.Manikandan, Assistant Professor, PG & Research Department of Commerce, NGM College, Pollachi. The Resource person imparts the students with a new approach of Hire Purchase and Bank Reconciliation.
Comercio conducted a Guest Lecture on “Constitution of India” on 15th February 2020.The Resource Person was Dr.K.Ramasami, Advocate, Coimbatore. The resource person stated that Indian constitution is the better than other countries. He explained about single party system and multiparty system. He insisted to respect Part 3, Part 4, Part 51A and Article 45 in the Constitution of India”
- Ms.Sariha Gayathri B of I B.Com participated and won 1st prize in Essay Writing competition at “Gandhi 150-International Peace Festival” organized by Gandhi World Foundation on 2.10.2019.
- Ms.Tharaga M S I B.Com participated and won 1st prize in Drawing competition at “Gandhi 150-International Peace Festival” organized by Gandhi World Foundation on 2.10.2019.
- Mr.Arun Praveen V S attended Orientation Programme organized by Institute of Company Secretaries of India Coimbatore on 26.10.2019
- Ms.Tharaga M.S attended Orientation Programme organized by Institute of Company Secretaries of India Coimbatore on 30.10.2019
- 9 students of I B.Com participated in intercollegiate “SHRISTI 20” organized by Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College on 31.01.2020.
- 11 students of I B.Com participated in intercollegiate “Technomanzer” organized by Department of Information Technology, SNMV on 7th February 2020.
- Ms.Swathi S and Ms.Tharaga M S of I.B.Com participated in intercollegiate event SRISHTA20 organized by Sasurie college on 7th February 2020.