B.Com Programme is three years Under Graduate course started in the year 2019 which focuses on imparting conceptual knowledge in the field of commerce with the help of well structured syllabus offered by Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. This programme facilitate students to acquire adequate knowledge in the field of accountancy, economics, law, taxation, finance, marketing, banking, insurance and so on. A degree in B.Com has tremendous opportunities to pursue master level courses such as M.Com, MBA, MCA and professional courses such as ACA, CMA, ACS.
To bring out holistic development in the student by imparting quality and value based education in the field of commerce.
- To impart conceptual knowledge in field of commerce.
- To train the student with practical exposure to get acquaint with corporate needs
- To be acquainted with unique talents in the students and encourage them to convert their passion into profession.
- Able to possess adequate knowledge in the core area of areas of commerce such as accountancy, marketing, finance, banking and so on.
- Able to get employment opportunities in renowned marketing, IT and finance based companies.
- Able to pursue professional courses such as CA, CMA and CS.
- Able to pursue post graduation degrees such as M.Com, MBA, MCA, MIB and so on.
- Able to play a role of entrepreneur by starting their own venture.
“Comercio” B.Com Association was inaugurated on 01.08.19 by CA.K.Jalapathi, Secretary, SIRC, Coimbatore. In the inaugural address the Chief Guest stated the role of commerce students in business world and shared the strategies to equip themselves to be success in accountancy field. He motivated the students to do charted accountancy course and he stated the different levels and preparation methods to get through the CA examinations.
National Level Symposium
National Level Symposium “INDIAN ECONOMY AND DIGITAL MARKETING” was organized on 30.08.2019. The Chief Guests of the seminar was Dr.P.Kanagasabapathi Member, ICSSR and Mr.P.M.Austin CEO, EduCentral. Nearly 325 Academician, Research Scholars and students participated and benefited.
A Guest Lecture was on “Recent Trends in Accounting” on 30.01.2020. The Resource Person was Dr.R.Manikandan, Assistant Professor, PG & Research Department of Commerce, NGM College, Pollachi. The Resource person imparts the students with a new approach of Hire Purchase and Bank Reconciliation.
Comercio conducted a Guest Lecture on “Constitution of India” on 15th February 2020.The Resource Person was Dr.K.Ramasami, Advocate, Coimbatore. The resource person stated that Indian constitution is the better than other countries. He explained about single party system and multiparty system. He insisted to respect Part 3, Part 4, Part 51A and Article 45 in the Constitution of India”
- Ms.Sariha Gayathri B of I B.Com participated and won 1st prize in Essay Writing competition at “Gandhi 150-International Peace Festival” organized by Gandhi World Foundation on 2.10.2019.
- Ms.Tharaga M S I B.Com participated and won 1st prize in Drawing competition at “Gandhi 150-International Peace Festival” organized by Gandhi World Foundation on 2.10.2019.
- Mr.Arun Praveen V S attended Orientation Programme organized by Institute of Company Secretaries of India Coimbatore on 26.10.2019
- Ms.Tharaga M.S attended Orientation Programme organized by Institute of Company Secretaries of India Coimbatore on 30.10.2019
- 9 students of I B.Com participated in intercollegiate “SHRISTI 20” organized by Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College on 31.01.2020.
- 11 students of I B.Com participated in intercollegiate “Technomanzer” organized by Department of Information Technology, SNMV on 7th February 2020.
- Ms.Swathi S and Ms.Tharaga M S of I.B.Com participated in intercollegiate event SRISHTA20 organized by Sasurie college on 7th February 2020.