Bachelor of Computer Science (B.Sc. CS) was started in the year 2019. Computer science is the foundational technology for building a rich and fulfilling information society. At the department, students are not simply taught how to program in multiple languages, but they are also given the practical training to acquire a deeper understanding, such as the basics of data structures and control structures, basic algorithms, and methods involved in software design and construction.
To provide students with the propitious platform and standard education in Computer Science education and reinforce their potential for lifelong quality career in the highly competitive global environment
- To provide students with state-of-the-art technical skills that are highly sought after in the job market
- To offer Hands-on learning experiences to cope up with the technology driven world
- To provide trainings which offers great opportunities for true creativity and innovativeness
- To encourage them for enriching their knowledge through various association activities
- An ability to apply mathematical and computing theoretical concepts in the real time applications.
- An ability to identify the problems in the real world which related to their discipline and provide suitable computational solution.
- An ability to use appropriate techniques, skills and tools required for the professional development.
- An ability to work effectively with the teams to accomplish the desired goal.
- An ability to communicate and engage with diverse stakeholders
CODE (Club of Data Engineers) B.Sc(CS) Association was inaugurated by Dr.N.Balaji, Director-Placement &Training, KPR Institutions on 31.07.19. He inaugurated the association and gave a lecture on “Distributed Computing” and it’s applications in the technical world.
Industrial Visit was organized for I B.Sc (CS) Students on 21.08.2019 they visited M/s. KPR Mill Limited, Arasur, Coimbatore and observe the processes.
National level Inter Collegiate Technical Meet
CODE has organized a National level technical meet among the college’s “TECHBLAST 20” on 09.01.2020. Dr.Shyam Prashad Rajasekaran, Founder & CEO, TWIRL TACT TECHNOLOGIES inaugurated the technical meet and share the motivational thoughts to the students.More than 200 students of various colleges has participated and won the prizes ,STC, Pollachi becomes the overall championship winner of the technical meet.
CODE organized a Guest Lecture on “RECENT INNOVATIONS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE” on 29.08.19 Dr.N.Balaji, Director-Placement & Training, KPR Institutios. He gave an overall view on recent innovations in computer science field and the IoT devices which plays a vital role in today’s technology.
CODE organized a Guest Lecture “Python Programming” on 27.02.2020. The Resource person Dr. M. Priya Dharshini, Associate Professor, KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology, she shared the usage of Python for developing desktop GUI applications, websites and web applications. She motivated them to learn Python and get placed in reputed companies.
- 9 students of I B.Sc (CS) participated in intercollegiate “Technomanzer” organized by Department of Information Technology, SNMV college on 7th February 2020.
- 8 students of I B.Sc(CS) participated in intercollegiate “Techtrix” organized by Department of Computer Science, NGP College on 3th February 2020.
- Ms.Selciya and Ms.Keerthikaof I B.Sc. participated in intercollegiate “SHRISTI 20” organized by Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College on 31.01.2020.
- Ms.Abinidhi and Ms.Shanmuga Priya participated in intercollegiate event SRISHTA’20 organized by Sasurie college on 7th February 2020.
- 6 students of I B.Sc (CS) participated in the Inter Collegiate Technical meet “TEHNOKRET” Organized by the Computer Science Department of KPRIET.