The Programme provides knowledge and expertise in not only traditional courses of commerce but also the needed professional skills to prepare the students for a successful career in the National and Global business environment. This programme prepares the students to take-up professional assignments and become a Chartered Accountant.
The department believes in developing and nurturing global competencies in students through quality professional education, research and continuous innovation. It provides the right ambience to create commerce professionals with a high level of knowledge and competence to effectively contribute to society with commitment and integrity.
The programme sharpens the students analytical and decision-making skills through Professional Training. The Department also encourages students to participate in internal house competitions, inter-collegiate technical and cultural events, to explore their talents and skills Globally.
Offer world class commerce education with a specialization in professional accounting. Aim to become a hub of excellence through innovation, training and value based education.
- Provide value based holistic education to create contemporary, competent, competitive and compassionate citizens.
- Develop exceptional accounting & finance professionals and business leaders through a robust academic system.
- Provide a platform for the students to explore their innovative ideas and nurture their spirit of entrepreneurship and critical thinking.
- Create brand equity & image through extension activities.
- Fundamental concepts underlying accounting, finance, management, marketing, auditing, and economics.
- To construct the financial statements of the company, restructure of capital structure and calibrate the procedure involved in amalgamation and absorption.
- The concept of cost, and elements of cost and prepare the cost statement.
- To apply quantitative skills to help analyze and solve business problems by applying various tools and to take advantage of business opportunities.
- The basics of the internet, able to understand the use of office applications and accounting software.
- Learn and understand the essential provisions of the Indian Contract Act, Partnership Act, and Industrial law.
- Concept of auditing, and acquire knowledge about vouching transactions, verifications of assets, and liabilities.
- The various provisions relating to income tax, understand the basic concept of IT Act and compute the income and tax of an individual assesses.
- To demonstrate written communication skills appropriate for business situations and develop awareness regarding new trends in business communication.
- To apply the knowledge in mathematics in solving business problems.
- To use statistical, graphical, and algebraic techniques wherever relevant and understand statistical applications in economics and management.
- To quip with necessary soft skills to enhance competitive edge in the job market.
CA / CMA / CSEET Foundation Achievers
CA Foundation Achievers
- Yuthika. A. J I B. Com (PA) ‘B’, June 2021.
- Dhivya Dharshiny. N. D. II B. Com PA, December 2021.
CMA Foundation Achievers:
- Karthick Lakshmanan. G I. B. Com (PA) ‘A’, December 2021.
- Vignesh Ram G, I. B. Com (PA) ‘B’, December 2021.
CSEET Foundation Achievers
- Ragavendar. S II B.Com PA , January 2021.
- Kowsalya. S II B. Com PA, July 2021.
- Shamruthee. S. S II B. Com PA, November 2021.
- Keerthana. S II B. Com PA, November 2021.
- Kavyashree S S, I. B. Com (PA) ‘A’ , January 2022.
- Ragavarshinee. R, I. B. Com (PA) ‘B’, January 2022.
- Shyam Sundar. R. P, I. B. Com (PA) ‘B’, January 2022.
- Gowtham. S, II B. Com (PA), January 2022.
NATIONAL ACCOUNTING TALENT EXAMINATION FEBRUARY 2022
The Following Students have passed in the National Accounting Talent Exam conducted by Indian Accounting Association held on 6th February 2022.
|1||212AK1143||KARTHICK LAKSHMANAN G||80-90%||I B.COM(PA)|
|3||212AK1148||KAVYASHREE S S||70-80%||I B.COM(PA)|
|4||212AK1180||SARAN G||70-80%||I B.COM(PA)|
|5||212AK1169||NEERUBHA R P||70-80%||I B.COM(PA)|
|6||212AK1192||SREEJA VIJAYAKUMAR||70-80%||I B.COM(PA)|
|7||212AK1128||DIVJA S J||60-70%||I B.COM(PA)|
|8||212AK1197||SUBHA SREE P||60-70%||I B.COM(PA)|
|9||212AK1109||ANUKEERTHANA P||50-60%||I B.COM(PA)|
|10||212AK1211||YUTHIKA A J||50-60%||I B.COM(PA)|
|11||212AK1196||SUBASREE P||50-60%||I B.COM(PA)|
|S.No.||Register Number & Name||Class||Name of the Certificate Course:||Marks Obtained|
|1||202AK0884 Akash.R||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||67|
|2||202AK0890 Dhanasri.V||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||77|
|3||202AK0897 Hariharan. K||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||63|
|4||202AK0911 Madhu Shree. G. B||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||59|
|5||202AK0919 Nivetha.P||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||73|
|6||202AK0921 Pranav.S.M||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||72|
|7||202AK0939 Vellingiri.P||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||73|
|8||202AK0941 Vijayalakshmi||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||72|
NPTEL Online Course
- 37 students of II B.Com (PA) has successfully completed NPTEL Online course Service Marketing – A Practical Approach held on 27th March, 2022.
- Antony Rosario. T was the top scorer in NPTEL Online course Leadership and 66 students of I B.Com (PA) has successfully completed NPTEL Online course Leadership held on 26th March, 2022.
|Date||Name of the Event||Name and Designation of the Resource Person|
|Seven days Faculty Development Programme on
“TRAVEL TOWARDS NEW EDUCATION HORIZON”
|Dr. N. Ganesan,
Former Principal, Texcity Arts and Science College, Coimbatore
|2||06.09.2021||Orientation Programme was organized on the topic “Career Guidance for Professional Courses”||Ms. Nithya. B, Honarary Director & Legal Advisor, Sri Easwar
Academy, School of Professional Studies CA, CMA, CS, Pollachi
|3||06.10.2021||Student Orientation Programme was organized on the topic “Know the New Paradigm of Higher Education”||Dr. T. Jayakumar, Dean, School of Commerce, Kongunadu Arts and Science College|
|4||15.11.2021||Incubation and Pre incubation programme on I2I: Innovation to Investment||Mr. Arun Raaj Manickaraj,
Incubation Business Head, Atal Incubation Center RAISE, Coimbatore
|5||10.08.2021||webinar on “Prospects of Professional Executives”||Dr. M. Devarajan, Assistant Professor, Department of Corporate Secretaryship,
Erode Arts and Science College, Erode
|6||14.12.2021||seminar on “UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS”||Dr. CA. S. A. Gopalakrishnan, Partner GSN Associates
|7||31.12.2021||entrepreneurship workshop on “DESIGN THINKING, CRITICAL THINKING AND INNOVATION DESIGN”||Dr. D. Santhanakrishnan, Associate Professor & Head,
Corporate Secretary ship, Innovation Ambassador, Coordinator – E-Cell & SR-CAS
Innovation Center, Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts & Science,
|8||24.12.2021||expert lecture on “Financial Markets”||Mr. M. Kandeepan, Deputy Branch Manager Kotak
Mahindra Asset Management Co. Ltd, Salem Branch
|9||01.12.2021||Guest Lecture on Benchmarking: A Tool for Competitive Advantage.||Dr. P. Rajendran, PhD.,
Professor – Finance & Corporate Strategy
School of Management, KPRCAS
|10||22.12.2021||Guest Lecture on Process Costing||Dr. Samuel Caeser Picken
Associate Professor & Head
Department of B. Com (E.Com)
|11||23.12.2021||Guest Lecture on Agricultural Marketing||Dr. M. Sekar
Associate Professor & Head
Department of B. Com (CA)
|12||06.01.2022.||Campus Connect 2022 Day 3 programme entitled “International Education Scenario”||Prof. Dr. Vinitha Guptan, Vice-Chancellor, Saito University,
|13||25.02.2022.||Career Guidance Programme entitled “Sadhikalam Vangaa”||Dr. M. Vijayakumar, Neuro Psychologist, Thoughts Clinic, Coimbatore|
|14||11.03.2021.||organized “Auditors Conclave” on Winning Strategies for
Taxation: Income Tax
|CA. Dr. Gopal Krishna Raju
Partner – Taxation
Assurance & Restructuring
K. gopal Rao & Co
|11.03.2021.||organized “Auditors Conclave” on How to be Future Ready||CA. Rajagopal C. R
Partner – Professional Finance
Deloitte Haskings and Sells. (Deloitte)
|11.03.2021.||organized “Auditors Conclave” on Industry Expectation from Professionals||CA. K. Ravi
Chief Financial Officer
Roots Group of Companies,
|15||19.03.2022.||seminar entitled “Research Methodology”||Dr. Arul Mozhi.
V Associate Professor, Department of Computer Applications, Tiruppur Kumaran College,
|16||19.03.2022.||A workshop entitled “Computing Skills: Advanced Excel”||Dr. Arul Mozhi. V Associate Professor, Department of Computer Applications, Tiruppur
Kumaran College, Tiruppur
|17||06.04.2022.||A Special Lecture on “Career Travel Through Professional Study”||CA. S. Iswetha, Associate
Audit SBU, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Chennai
|18||organized a guest lecture on the Sale of Goods Act, 1930.||Mrs. B. Nithya,
Advocate and Honorary Director, Sri Eswar Academy, Pollachi
- D. Karthika, Associate Professor and Head received Education Icons Award honoured by THE IMMACLATE in association with The Inner Wheel Club Daffodils – Dist 323 on 30th December 2021 in the occasion of celebrating 17th year of honouring Educationists.
- M. Dhanalakshmi, Assistant Professor received Best Young Researcher Award honoured by IJMTST during the year December 2020
|· International Journals
· Mrs. D. Karthika, Associate Professor published an article on the topic “A study on customers preference and opinion towards Textile Show Rooms in Coimbatore City, intercontinental Journal of Marketing Research Review, Vol. 1, Issue.3, July-September 2014.
· Mrs. D. Karthika, Associate Professor published an article on the topic “A study on consumer’s awareness about the functioning of voluntary consumer organisations, Intercontinental Journal of Marketing Research Review, ISSN:2321-0346(0) 2347-1670(p), Vol.2, Issue.4, October-December 2014.
· Dr. D. Karthika, Associate Professor published an article on the topic “A Study on the functioning of Voluntary Consumer Organisations with special reference to Coimbatore District, Intercontinental Journal of Marketing Research Review, ISSN: 2321-0346(0)2347-1670(P), vol.5, Issue 8 August 2017.
· Dr. D. Karthika, Associate Professor published an article on the topic “A study on the Voluntary Consumer Organisation Members Perception towards Consumer Protection Measures with special reference to Coimbatore District, in The International Journal of Analytical and Experimental Modal Analysis (IJAEMA-UGC Car ISSN: 0886-9367, Pg.No. 1167-1187), Vol XII, Issue V, May 2020.
· Dr. D. Karthika, Associate Professor published an article on the topic “A Comparative Study among Members and Non-members of the Voluntary Consumer Organisations about their Perception towards Consumerism in Coimbatore District” in AEGAEUM Journal ISSN: 0776-3808, Pg No: 98 – 113, Volume X, ISSUE I, January – 2022 with an impact factor of 6.2.
- N.Kavitha, Associate Professor, Published an article on the topic “Consumer Awareness and Purchasing Behaviour of Green Products – An Analytical Study”, in Intercontinental Journal of Marketing Research Review, Volume 4 Issue – 01 pg no. 35-42 [Impact factor – 1.590]
- N.Kavitha, Associate Professor, Published an article on the topic “Teacher’s Perception on Online teaching in Higher Education during the Pandemic Period COVID-19, in Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), Volume 8 Issue 6 pg no. 669 – 677 [Impact Factor – 7.95]
- N.Kavitha, Associate Professor, Published an article on the topic “A SWOT Analysis – Effectiveness of E- Education during COVID – 19 Lockdown”, in Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), Volume 8 Issue 6 pg no. 678 – 686 [Impact Factor – 7.95]
- N.Kavitha published research paper entitled “ Consumer’s Buying Behaviour on Green Products in Tirupur City” in AEGAEUM JOURNAL – an UGC – CARE Approved Group – II Journal, Volume IX, ISSUE XI, November 2021.
- Padmapriya, Associate Professor, Published an article on the topic “Students’ Perception and Attitude on Social Networking Sites” in Intercontinental Journal of Marketing Research Review (ICMRR) (ISSN: 2321 – 0346 Impact Factor: 1.590 Volume 4, Issue 2, FEB. 2016).
- M.Padmapriya, Associate Professor, Published an article on the topic “A SWOT analysis: Effectiveness of E – Education during COVID – 19 Lockdown” in Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR) (ISSN: 2349 – 5162 Impact factor 7.95 Volume 8, issue 6, June 2021).
- M.Padmapriya, Associate Professor, Published an article on the topic “Teacher’s perception on online teaching in higher education during the pandemic period COVID 19” has been published in Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR) (ISSN: 2349 – 5162 Impact factor 7.95 Volume 8, issue 6, June 2021).
- M.Dhanalakshmi ,Dr.S.Nirmala Success Level of Women Entrepreneur in Coimbatore District International Journal of Latest Engineering and Management Research (IJLEMR) Vol 3, Issue 5 May 2018
- M.Dhanalakshmi , Dr.S.Nirmala, PROBLEMS FACED BY WOMEN ENTREPRENEUR WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO COIMBATORE DISTRICT INTERCONTINENTAL JOURNAL OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, Vol-03,Issue-01, January 2016, (Indexed Journal).
- M.Dhanalakshmi , Dr.S.Nirmala, Out shopping Behaviour Of Rural Masses Towards Apparel Showrooms In Coimbatore Think India Journal November 2019, (Indexed Journal).
- M.Dhanalakshmi , Dr.A.K Vageetha Promotional Strategies of the selected Pharmaceutical companies Think India Journal November 2019, (Indexed Journal).
- M.Dhanalakshmi , Ms.N.Saranya, Ms.M.Indra priya Patients Observation and gratification towards services provided by healthcare industry in Coimbatore district Vol 12 June 2020 IJMR
- M.Dhanalakshmi , Ms.N.Saranya, Ms.M.Indra priya Problems Faced By Daily Wages Workers During Covid 19 Pandemic Vol 12 July 2020 IJMR
- M.Padmapriya, A book titled “Marketing Management” has been published with Charulatha Publications, Chennai.
- D. Karthika, Associate Professor & Head and Dr. N. Kavitha, Associate Professor, Published a Book chapter on the topic “Green Marketing: A study of Consumer Perception and Satisfaction of Green Products in Tirupur City” in the hand book of A Paradigm Shift in Marketing: Creating Value for a More Sustainable Future Published by Princeton Press, Overland Park, Kansas, USA during March 2022
|Name of the Faculty / Student||Patent Registered||Title of Invention||Date|
|Dr. D. Karthika
Associate Professor & Head, B. Com (PA)
School of Commerce
|Patent Registered as an Author VII||Topic: Tourism as a Development Strategy in Micro Regions of India
Application No: 202241009908 A
Registered For Author VII
- D. Karthika, Associate Professor Acted as Resource person in the State level seminar on “Insurance sector for sustainable development of India” held at Michael Job college of arts and science college, sulur on 21.12.2015.