Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation among all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of institutions on innovation achievements framework.
- Establish a functional ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation of ideas.
- Develop better cognitive ability among students.
Functions of IIC - KPRCAS
- To conduct various Innovation, IPR, and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, and professionals.
- To create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by the institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competitions, mini-challenges, etc. with the involvement of industries.
Composition of IIC
Name of the Member
Key Role/ Position
- IIC Established in the Academic Year
- Awarded 3 Stars on the Same Academic Year
- Awarded 4 Stars on the Same Academic Year