The Department of Commerce with Computer Applications is one of the Pioneering Departments at KPR College of Arts Science and Research, Coimbatore. The B. Com[CA] Program was started in the year 2019 with the objective of introducing an advanced and modern curriculum, maintaining academic discipline, and imparting Holistic Education. The Department aims at maintaining academic excellence and training students with the skills necessary to face the challenges of the business world. There is a combination of theoretical and practical exposure to the students through Seminars, Guest Lectures, Workshops, and Industrial Visits. The Department also encourages students to participate in internal Competitions, and inter-collegiate technical and cultural events to explore their talents and skills. The distinct way of the education system gives a prominence concern not only on academics but also to the all-inclusive development of individuals.
To develop students’ competence to meet the challenging industry leads by providing excellent and value-based education in commerce with computer applications.
- To evolve as a learning hub with excellent Teaching, Learning & Research.
- To mold and train the graduates with employability skills.
- To provide a platform for linkage with Industry.
- To explore and develop the entrepreneurial and leadership potential of the students.
- Principles of accounting concepts underlying Finance, Management, Marketing, Auditing, and Economics.
- To build the financial statements of the company, restructure capital structure and calibrate the procedure involved in amalgamation and absorption.
- To understand the knowledge of Computer hardware, software, and components of the Operating system.
- To understand the basic concepts of Data systems, Operational data, and Storage structures of the data.
- To obtain the concepts of Computer Programming languages in various business fields.
- The Internet basics help to understand the use of office applications and accounting software.
- To understand the foundation of Cost Accounting underlying concepts, classification of cost, and cost sheet for the firms.
- To acquire the knowledge of quantitative skills, analyzing and solving business problems with various applications to make optimum business decisions.
- Learn and understand the essential provisions of the Indian Contract Act, Partnership Act, and Industrial law.
- To gain detailed knowledge on the basics of Auditing, vouching for transactions, and verifications of assets and liabilities.
- To understand the fundamental concepts of Income Tax including various provisions, relating to the computation of income tax of an individual assesses with recent amendments.
- To determine effective business communication and to gain knowledge on report writing.
- To develop a front-end tool for customer interaction in business.
- To apply knowledge in mathematics in solving business problems.
- To use statistical, graphical, and algebraic techniques wherever relevant and understand statistical applications in economics and management.
- To equip with the necessary soft skills to enhance competitive edge in the job market.
Third Place in Open Rifle and Pistol Championship
Sarada School, Gobichettipalayam.
First Place in National Level Inter College Technical Symposium – Cluster 2k22
Hindusthan College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
NATIONAL ACCOUNTING TALENT EXAMINATION FEBRUARY 2022
The Following Students have passed in the National Accounting Talent Exam conducted by Indian Accounting Association held on 6th February 2022.
|1||212AK1143||KARTHICK LAKSHMANAN G||80-90%||I B.COM(PA)|
|3||212AK1148||KAVYASHREE S S||70-80%||I B.COM(PA)|
|4||212AK1180||SARAN G||70-80%||I B.COM(PA)|
|5||212AK1169||NEERUBHA R P||70-80%||I B.COM(PA)|
|6||212AK1192||SREEJA VIJAYAKUMAR||70-80%||I B.COM(PA)|
|7||212AK1128||DIVJA S J||60-70%||I B.COM(PA)|
|8||212AK1197||SUBHA SREE P||60-70%||I B.COM(PA)|
|9||212AK1109||ANUKEERTHANA P||50-60%||I B.COM(PA)|
|10||212AK1211||YUTHIKA A J||50-60%||I B.COM(PA)|
|11||212AK1196||SUBASREE P||50-60%||I B.COM(PA)|
|S.No.||Register Number & Name||Class||Name of the Certificate Course:||Marks Obtained|
|1||202AK0884 Akash.R||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||67|
|2||202AK0890 Dhanasri.V||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||77|
|3||202AK0897 Hariharan. K||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||63|
|4||202AK0911 Madhu Shree. G. B||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||59|
|5||202AK0919 Nivetha.P||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||73|
|6||202AK0921 Pranav.S.M||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||72|
|7||202AK0939 Vellingiri.P||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||73|
|8||202AK0941 Vijayalakshmi||II B.Com PA||GST Practitioner MSME Technology Development Centre||72|
NPTEL Online Course
- 37 students of II B.Com (PA) has successfully completed NPTEL Online course Service Marketing – A Practical Approach held on 27th March, 2022.
- Antony Rosario. T was the top scorer in NPTEL Online course Leadership and 66 students of I B.Com (PA) has successfully completed NPTEL Online course Leadership held on 26th March, 2022.
|S.No||Date||Name of the Event||Resource Peron|
|1||05.08.2022||Student Induction Programme (SIP)||CA K S Shanmugam
Shanmugam Vasudevan and Company
|2||25.08.2022||Association Inauguration||Mr.P.S.Selva Kumar
Founder & CEO at Greeno Tech Solution, Coimbatore.
|4||23.09.2022||Guest Lecture – Financial Instrument –Bills of Exchange||Dr.B.Navaneetha
Assistant Professor,Department of B.Com (PA), PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
|5||07.11.2022||Guest Lecture –Sale of Goods Act – 1930||Ms.B.Nithya
Advocate, Sri Eswar & Co, Pollachi.
|6||17.11.2022||Guest Lecture – Operating and Contract Costing||Dr.P.Sowmiya Prabhu
Director, Sri Eswar & Co, Pollachi.
|7||17.11.2022||Guest Lecture – Forensics in Current Audit Scenario||CA.Surya Chinnadurai
Managing Partner, SML Associates, Coimbatore.
|8||18.11.2022||Skill enhancement Programme on “Language and Communication Skills”||Dr.Jerry Jean Preston
English NET Coach and YouTube Creator, Former Assistant Professor of English, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
|S.No||Faculty Name||Type of Publications||Journal / Conference Details||Title||Indexing|
|1||Ms.S.Valarmathi||Journal||Indian Journal of natural sciences||A comparison on GLCM and Gabor filter for fabric defect detection||Web of Science|
|2||Dr.R.Nithya||Journal||Indian Journal of natural sciences||A comparison on GLCM and Gabor filter for fabric defect detection||Web of Science|
|3||Dr.N.Saranya||Conference||Role of digitalization sector in rural economy||E –Learning For Rural Training||Proceedings|
|4||Dr.R.Sangeetha||Conference||Role of digitalization sector in rural economy||Rural development using information communication technology||Proceedings|