Bachelor of Computer Science with Data Analytics (B.Sc. (CS with DA)) was established in the year 2020. Data Analytics helps to raise the quality of data in the entire business system. The goal of data analytics is to construct the means for extracting business-focused insights from data This requires an understanding of how value and information flows in a business, and the ability to use that understanding to identify business opportunities. The primary aim of a data analyst is to increase efficiency and improve performance by discovering patterns in data. Data analysts exist at the intersection of information technology, statistics and business. They combine these fields in order to help businesses and organizations succeed. The students get exposed to Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data Mining, Data Visualization, Advanced Excel, Predictive Analytics and R Programming.
Empowering students with robust information and high research in data analytics that has significant benefits for the individual, Industry and society by enabling better decision making.
- Provide outstanding education with value added data analysis and aid decision making in specified domains.
- Support to deliver trusted data analysis efficiently, which includes advice on the best data to use.
- Advance the quality educational experiences by improving our position recognized nationally and internationally.
- Support with high-end technology to empower our students to build smarter society
- An ability to apply mathematical and computing theoretical concepts in the real time applications.
- An ability to identify the problems in the real world which related to their discipline and provide suitable computational solution.
- An ability to use appropriate techniques, skills and tools required for the professional development.
- An ability to work effectively with the teams to accomplish the desired goal.
- An ability to communicate and engage with diverse stakeholders
CODE (Club of Data Engineers) B.Sc(CS) Association was inaugurated by Dr.N.Balaji, Director-Placement &Training, KPR Institutions on 31.07.19. He inaugurated the association and gave a lecture on “Distributed Computing” and it’s applications in the technical world.
Industrial Visit was organized for I B.Com (CA) Students on 21.08.2019 they visited M/s. KPR Mill Limited, Arasur, Coimbatore, they interacted with the officials and learnt Production Process, Production Schedule, re-order level , TQM, 5s, 6 Sigma etc.,
CODE organized a Guest Lecture on “RECENT INNOVATIONS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE” on 29.08.19 Dr.N.Balaji, Director-Placement & Training, KPR Institutios. He gave an overall view on recent innovations in computer science field and the IoT devices which plays a vital role in today’s technology.
CODE organized a Guest Lecture “Python Programming” on 27.02.2020. The Resource person Dr. M. Priya Dharshini, Associate Professor, KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology, she shared the usage of Python for developing desktop GUI applications, websites and web applications. She motivated them to learn Python and get placed in reputed companies.
National Level Inter-Collegiate Meet
CODE has organized a National level technical meet among the college’s “TECHBLAST 20” on 09.01.2020. Dr.Shyam Prashad Rajasekaran, Founder & CEO, TWIRL TACT TECHNOLOGIES inaugurated the technical meet and share the motivational thoughts to the students.More than 200 students of various colleges has participated and won the prizes ,STC, Pollachi becomes the overall championship winner of the technical meet.
Career Guidance Program
E-Vanijya organized Career Guidance Program “Ensuring success in Competitive Examinations” on 02.08.19. The Resource person was Ms.Tamil Oviya, IAS she gave an outline on preparation for civil service examination.Industrial Visit was organized for I B.Sc (CS) Students on 21.08.2019 they visited M/s. KPR Mill Limited, Arasur, Coimbatore and observe the processes.
- 9 students of I B.Sc (CS) participated in intercollegiate “Technomanzer” organized by Department of Information Technology, SNMV college on 7th February 2020.
- 8 students of I B.Sc(CS) participated in intercollegiate “Techtrix” organized by Department of Computer Science, NGP College on 3th February 2020.
- Ms.Selciya and Ms.Keerthikaof I B.Sc. participated in intercollegiate “SHRISTI 20” organized by Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College on 31.01.2020.
- Ms.Abinidhi and Ms.Shanmuga Priya participated in intercollegiate event SRISHTA’20 organized by Sasurie college on 7th February 2020.
- 6 students of I B.Sc (CS) participated in the Inter Collegiate Technical meet “TEHNOKRET” Organized by the Computer Science Department of KPRIET.